As I have mentioned before, episode eleven of The Wish Fish Family had numerous references to The Beatles. I decided to post some of the references that I remember.
THE BEATLES REFERENCES IN THE WISH FISH FAMILY EPISODE #11
- When Bass bows after their performances.
- Brian Epstein, who discovered The Beatles, was also gay.
- The black and white crowd footage is from The Beatles first appearance in The Ed Sullivan Show.
- There is a framed photo of The Beatles in Bass’ dressing room.
- Junior dying and being replaced by a look alike is reference to the “The Real Paul McCartney is Dead” conspiracy. A Paul McCartney look alike competition really did take place in the sixties.
- Fahn is based on John Lennon. The name “Fahn” comes from “Fake John”, similar to Paul being called “Faul”, short for “Fake Paul”.
- Fahn mentions laying in bed for a week and eating chocolate cake out of a bag. This is reference to the song “The Ballad of John and Yoko”.
- Fahn claims to be leaving the band for Yoko Ono, which is what people blamed for The Beatles’ break up in 1970.
- Harold tells Fahn that he hopes he dies when he’s forty. John Lennon was assassinated when he was forty years old.
- “From the crapper-most to the tap her roast” references the John Lennon quote, “The toppermost of the poppermost!”
- The Paul McCartney song “When I’m Sixty-four” plays during the end credits.
- After the end credits Harold says “I buried Junior” backwards. This comes from “I buried Paul” backwards in the song “Strawberry Fields”.